Is SolidWorks Composer the correct product for me or is there a better option available?
So you’ve been looking for a CAD solution that will allow you to produce marketing material and someone has recommended SolidWorks Composer to you (formerly known as 3DVia Composer).
SolidWorks Composer – SolidWorks Marketing Tool
The truth is that SolidWorks Composer is very expensive for what it is. If you are looking for a return on investment for this product then I would only suggest this product if you were producing a lot of marketing documentation and you also have a dedicated user in charge of Composer.
I have used 3DVia / SolidWorks Composer and I personally think most companies would be better of getting a contractor in that knows how to work with CAD data and is also an effective designer . Here is a list of the main reasons why you shouldn’t purchase SolidWorks Composer:
- It requires about a weeks worth of training to understand the basics.
- Requires a further 6 months to become comfortable with it
- It does not truly sync up with your SolidWorks data as promised.
- The price is equivalent to the cost of around 10 weeks of Full Time Contractor Service which should be more than enough time to produce some basic catalogs, brochure or other.
- SolidWorks Composer is just a tool. To product effective marketing material, you will still need some form of designer to use the software effectively.
- The quality of the images and videos produced are very ‘Solidworksy’ and are nowhere near as good as having material produced manually.
If you are serious about producing some nice marketing matetrial, please give me a call today to discuss what is possible or if you would just like to discuss pricing.
If you have a need to create manuals, brochures, assembly guides, etc that require you to use your CAD data.
If you sell or manufacture furniture items and accessories, it is much cheaper and quicker to render your scenes and products than to have someone manufacture and/or assemble them.
Furniture Product 3d Rendering
Above images created for UCI. Click the logo or visit http://uci.com.au/ to go to their website. UCI specialise in office furniture and fitouts based out of Adelaide.
My skillset are specialised for clients using SolidWorks in their manufacturing department however I can also work with other Cad packages including:
- Autodesk Inventor
- 3ds Max
- Google Sketchup
SolidWorks is a commonly used tool in the Australian manufacturing industry as well as the world. With more than 2,170,100 users worldwide, there are a lot of self proclaimed professionals and experts however a large portion do not cut the mustard.
3D Part and Assembly
Including Sheet Metal Parts
I am one of the top worldwide users of SolidWorks and have been working with this tool for the past decade. I have extensive SolidWorks accreditation.
Because of this expertise, I am able to provide a tailored service to you if you would like to optimise your SolidWorks usage or just require 3D Modeling or Technical Drawing. These services focus on mechanical parts and manufacturing, from part design to assembly drawings. I can also provide services for:
- SolidWorks Installation
- SolidWorks Drawing Templates
- SolidWorks Training
- SolidWorks Optimization
- SolidWorks Customization
- File Management and Product Naming Structures
I not only have experience in these areas, but have also trained users in these areas. My profesional experience in teaching, training and support SolidWorks users include:
- SolidWorks Level 1 Support Technician
- Intercad AE (Premier Reseller of SolidWorks in Australia / NZ)
- Regional Application Engineer for South Australia
- SolidWorks Instructor at University of South Australia
- Engineering Drawings Instructor at Open Universities Australia
I also have the following certifications:
- Certified SolidWorks Expert (December 2012 – Present)
- Certified SolidWorks Professional – Core
- Certified SolidWorks Professional – Sheet Metal Specialist
- Certified SolidWorks Plastics Support Technician
- Certified SolidWorks Professional – Weldments Specialist
- Certified SolidWorks Professional – Surfacing Specialist
Have your products photographed to maximize your sales.
If you would like to have your product range photographed but can not justify the cost of having a professional photographer come in, please let me know. I have portable photography equipment that I use for my own products that I would happily bring out to your site to take some quality photographs.
I am not a professional photograph however I can produce images like those above at a very affordable rate. This would be ideal for companies that need product photos for:
- Website Images
- Web shop and Web stores
- Internal & External product catalogs and PLM / CRM systems.
- Invoices & Quotes